If you have to drive, drive clean!
Did you know Marin now has more electric vehicle chargers than gas stations? With a growing network of charging stations and fast chargers available, charging your EV has never been easier in Marin.
Switching from a traditional gas-powered vehicle to an EV is a great decision economically and for the environment, and it’s becoming more and more convenient as technology advances. EVs now have a wide array of range and price options that meet the needs of virtually every household.
Incentives and Rebates
Buying or leasing a new EV allows for a wide range of incentives and rebates, including:
- High-Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) Lane Access – EVs qualify for a Clean Air Vehicle (CAV) decal. This decal allows an EV access to HOV lanes in California. Learn more here.
- Clean Vehicle Rebate Program – Californians can get up to $7,000 toward the purchase or lease of a new electric vehicle. Find eligible EVs and their applicable rebate levels.
- Federal Tax Credit– Federal tax credits of up to $7,500 are available for eligible plug-in electric vehicles. The amount of the tax credit varies depending on the EV battery size. Learn more about the federal tax credit and talk to your tax professional about how to apply for the credit.
- PG&E Customers – PG&E customers may be eligible to receive a $500 Rebate for purchasing a plug-in vehicle.
- Calculate Your Incentives – Use this calculator to determine which incentives are available for the purchase or lease of your clean vehicle. Incentives are based on household income, where you live, and the type of vehicle purchased or leased.
- Click here to find out more about EV incentives in Marin.