From April 29th – June 9th 2019 win prizes when you log your green commute trips. Join Us! Leave your car at home just one day a week and save up to 1000 pounds of CO2 a year! Together we can make it over 100 million!
Log trips. Win prizes. Make a difference!
How to participate:
- Go to the My Marin Commute
- Click the “Log Now” button and enter your information.
- Click “Okay, Let’s Go!” to provide your commute details
- Log your daily trips and win!
For instruction on how to log trips click here.
2019 Marin Commutes Spring Campaign is open to anyone 18 years or older who commutes to or from Marin County using a commute alternative to driving alone, such as carpool, vanpool, train, public bus, ferry, bicycle, walk or telework from April 29th – June 9th 2019.
Participants using alternative commute modes have a chance to win weekly raffle prizes by logging commute alternative trips each week during campaign. Additional prizes will be awarded to those logging the highest number of green trips and the highest amount of CO2 reduced each week. All participants who log at least one commute alternative trip a week for a minimum of three weeks during the campaign will also be eligible to win the grand prize. Trips must be logged by June 16, 2019, 11:59pm PDT to be eligible for the grand prize. There is no purchase or payment necessary to enter the weekly raffles.
The grand prize will be awarded to the three (3) participants that have logged the highest number of green trips, and the three (3) participants that have saved the most CO2 throughout the campaign, for a total of six (6) grand prize winners.
Selected winners will be notified by the email address provided in the My Marin Commute system. If a selected winner cannot be reached within five (5) business days after the date of the first contact attempt, or is disqualified for any reason, Marin Commutes may select an alternate winner at random from the remaining eligible entries. Each verified winner will be required to complete and submit an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release, and Liability Waiver form provided by Marin Commutes within five (5) business days of receipt in order to claim the prize. If a selected winner cannot be reached or fails to submit the completed version of the form listed above within the required time period, that selected winner forfeits the prize.
Email addresses provided by participants will be added to the Marin Commutes electronic newsletter distribution list and used to ask participants to complete a post-campaign online survey.
If you have any questions, contact Marin Commutes by email at email@example.com.
EMERGENCY RIDE HOME PROGRAM (ERH)
When you walk, bike, carpool, or take transit to work in Marin County, the Transportation Authority of Marin will provide you with a ride home when unexpected situations arise. By removing one of the biggest hurdles for commuters, this insurance program offers the peace of mind that you won’t be stranded without your car.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
- You are eligible to be reimbursed for an emergency ride home if you work in Marin County and commute by any means other than driving alone.
- If an unexpected situation arises (e.g., child is sick, bike got a flat tire, carpool partner left early, need to work late) you can be reimbursed for an expeditious ride home, via taxi, Uber, Lyft or equivalent transportation service, by simply submitting a reimbursement request.
- Submit this form for reimbursement.
Each commuter can be reimbursed for up to four ERH trips per year. No single trip can exceed $125 and total reimbursement may not exceed $500 per year. See the following for more details: ERH Program Rules.
LYFT SHARED RIDE
When you use the promo code “GETSMART17” you get $5 off for all “Lyft Shared Ride” rides to and from SMART stations in Marin County!
HOW IT WORKS
To receive the (up to) $5 discount, participants must:
- Download the Lyft App and Register for an Account.
- Use the Lyft Share Ride option on the Lyft app, allowing passengers on a similar route to share the ride.
- Enter the promo code GETSMART17 to receive up to $5 in credit on up to 40 trips a month.
- For those without smartphones or those who need a wheelchair accessible vehicle, call Whistlestop at 415-454-0998 to arrange for your Lyft ride. Rides are encouraged to be scheduled in advance. Be sure to mention the GETSMART17 program.
- Begin or end the ride at a SMART station in Marin County during the SMART hours of operations Monday through Friday. Eligible SMART Stations include:
- Novato North Station
- Hamilton Station
- Marin Civic Center
- Downtown San Rafael
- Passenger must pay for the first $2 of their Lyft Shared Ride, and TAM will cover up to the next $5.
For more information click here
VANPOOL INCENTIVE PROGRAM
Vanpooling saves time, money and can help reduce stress related to driving alone to work. TAM offers a $3600 vanpool incentive to encourage new vanpools. To find out more about vanpooling as a commute option click here.