Marin Commutes Fall Promotion
It’s Rewarding to Commute Green!
From October 7th – November 17th, 2019 you can win prizes when you log your green commute trips on My Marin Commutes. Easily log trips, including bus and train rides, biking, walking, carpooling, and riding the ferry, and you’ll be automatically entered to win weekly prizes. Top performers compete for $250 gift cards. Start winning now!
Commuters have a chance to compete to see who can log the most trips and reduce the most emissions. It’s a win-win for participants and Marin County commuters as Marin gets on the road to cleaner air and less traffic congestion.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Create/Sign-in to your account here to start entering your trips.
- Enter your trips!
- Prizes are awarded for the highest number of trips and the highest emissions savings.
- Weekly drawings held for Peet’s Coffee and Visa gift cards, as well as cool Marin Commutes items including a Hydro Flask™.
- Top competitors over the next six weeks can win $250 Visa gift cards!
Be creative with your trips and explore different ways to commute. There’s lots of ways to get around in Marin County!
2019 Marin Commutes Fall Campaign is open to anyone 18 years or older who commutes to or from Marin County using a commute alternative to driving alone (carpool, vanpool, train, bus, ferry, bicycle, or walk) from October 7th – November 17th 2019.
Participants using alternative commute modes have a chance to win weekly raffle prizes by logging commute alternative trips each week through My Marin Commute/Ride Amigos Platform during the campaign. Additional prizes will be awarded to those logging the highest number of green trips and the highest amount of CO2 reduced each week. All participants who log a commute alternative trip for a minimum of three weeks during the campaign will also be eligible to win the grand prize. Trips must be logged by December 1, 2019, 11:59pm PDT to be eligible for the grand prize.
The grand prize will be awarded to the two (2) participants that have logged the highest number of green trips, and the two (2) participants that have saved the most CO2 throughout the campaign, for a total of six (4) grand prize winners.
Selected winners will be notified by the email address provided in the My Marin Commute system. If a selected winner cannot be reached within five (5) business days after the date of the first contact attempt, or is disqualified for any reason, Marin Commutes may select an alternate winner at random from the remaining eligible entries. Each verified winner will be required to complete and submit an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release, and Liability Waiver form provided by Marin Commutes within five (5) business days of receipt in order to claim the prize. If a selected winner cannot be reached or fails to submit the completed version of the form listed above within the required time period, that selected winner forfeits the prize.
Participants are limited to winning prizes valued at no more than $595 during a calendar year. If a participant meets that threshold, his or her eligibility will be reinstated once a new calendar year begins. Winners are responsible for any IRS reporting requirements and/or taxes related to prizes and incentives provided by Marin Commutes.
Email addresses provided by participants will be added to the Marin Commutes electronic newsletter distribution list and used to ask participants to complete a post-campaign online survey.
If you have any questions, contact Marin Commutes by email at email@example.com.
EMERGENCY RIDE HOME PROGRAM (ERH)
When you walk, bike, carpool, or take transit to work in Marin County, the Transportation Authority of Marin will provide you with a ride home when unexpected situations arise. By removing one of the biggest hurdles for commuters, this insurance program offers the peace of mind that you won’t be stranded without your car.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
- You are eligible to be reimbursed for an emergency ride home if you work in Marin County and commute by any means other than driving alone.
- If an unexpected situation arises (e.g., child is sick, bike got a flat tire, carpool partner left early, need to work late) you can be reimbursed for an expeditious ride home, via taxi, Uber, Lyft or equivalent transportation service, by simply submitting a reimbursement request.
- Submit this form for reimbursement.
Each commuter can be reimbursed for up to four ERH trips per year. No single trip can exceed $125 and total reimbursement may not exceed $500 per year. See the following for more details: ERH Program Rules.
LYFT SHARED RIDE
When you use the promo code “GETSMART17” you get $5 off for all “Lyft Shared Ride” rides to and from SMART stations in Marin County!
HOW IT WORKS
To receive the (up to) $5 discount, participants must:
- Download the Lyft App and Register for an Account.
- Use the Lyft Share Ride option on the Lyft app, allowing passengers on a similar route to share the ride.
- Enter the promo code GETSMART17 to receive up to $5 in credit on up to 40 trips a month.
- For those without smartphones or those who need a wheelchair accessible vehicle, call Whistlestop at 415-454-0998 to arrange for your Lyft ride. Rides are encouraged to be scheduled in advance. Be sure to mention the GETSMART17 program.
- Begin or end the ride at a SMART station in Marin County during the SMART hours of operations Monday through Friday. Eligible SMART Stations include:
- Novato North Station
- Hamilton Station
- Marin Civic Center
- Downtown San Rafael
- Passenger must pay for the first $2 of their Lyft Shared Ride, and TAM will cover up to the next $5.
For more information click here
VANPOOL INCENTIVE PROGRAM
Vanpooling saves time, money and can help reduce stress related to driving alone to work. TAM offers a $3600 vanpool incentive to encourage new vanpools. To find out more about vanpooling as a commute option click here.