EMERGENCY RIDE HOME PROGRAM (ERH)
When you walk, bike, carpool, or take transit to work in Marin County, the Transportation Authority of Marin will provide you with a ride home when unexpected situations arise. By removing one of the biggest hurdles for commuters, this insurance program offers the peace of mind that you won’t be stranded without your car.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
- You are eligible to be reimbursed for an emergency ride home if you work in Marin County and commute by any means other than driving alone.
- If an unexpected situation arises (e.g., child is sick, bike got a flat tire, carpool partner left early, need to work late) you can be reimbursed for an expeditious ride home, via taxi, Uber, Lyft or equivalent transportation service, by simply submitting a reimbursement request.
- Submit this form for reimbursement.
Each commuter can be reimbursed for up to four ERH trips per year. No single trip can exceed $125 and total reimbursement may not exceed $500 per year. See the following for more details: ERH Program Rules.
When you sign-up to receive the CONNECT2TRANSIT voucher you get $5 off shared-ride trips to and from Sonoma Marin Area Rail Transit (SMART) stations in Marin County, major bus stops, and the Larkspur Ferry Terminal.
* This program will be valid for non-shared rides during COVID-19 precautions. *
HOW IT WORKS
View all the details on the project website, including the program service area, accessible services, discounts and more.
To receive the (up to) $5 discount, participants must:
- Download the Uber app and register for an account.
- Download the Voucher to receive up to $5 off shared-ride trips to and from Sonoma Marin Area Rail Transit (SMART) stations in Marin County, major bus stops, and the Larkspur Ferry Terminal
- Begin or end the ride in the service area Monday through Friday.
- Passenger must pay for the first $4 of their ride, and TAM will cover up to the next $5.
VANPOOL INCENTIVE PROGRAM
Vanpooling saves time, money and can help reduce stress related to driving alone to work. TAM offers a $3600 vanpool incentive to encourage new vanpools. To find out more about vanpooling as a commute option click here.